Applications to use Faneuil Hall
Scope and Contents
Withdrawn and canceled applications to use Faneuil Hall.
- Creation: 1905, 1910-1914
- Boston (Mass.). Public Buildings Department (Organization)
The Office of the Superintendent of Public Buildings was established by ordinance on July 1, 1850. Annual reports were first published in 1851. The Superintendent had the supervision of the care, repair and furnishing of all buildings belonging to or hired by the City. By Chapter 78 of the Acts of 1943, adopted by the City Council and approved by the Mayor, the Market Department, as such, was abolished and placed under the jurisdiction of the Public Buildings Department. By Chapter 2, section 43 of the Ordinances of 1954, the Public Buildings Department was abolished and the powers and duties of the department were transferred to the Real Property Department.
0.1 Cubic feet (4 folders)
Language of Materials
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script